MOCVD2 is a custom designed multi-module system from CVD Equipment Corporation. The system includes a load lock and high vacuum robotic transfer stage with three additional ports. A stainless steel chamber for metalorganic chemical vapor deposition of chalcogenides is connected to one of the ports. The chamber consists of temperature-controlled walls and flanges, removable quartz liners and a rotating, resistively heated 2” diameter substrate holder for substrate temperatures up to 1000 oC. The deposition chamber includes 2 purged optical ports for in situspectroscopic ellipsometry and a third for sample viewing.
The chamber exhaust includes cold-finger traps for chalcogen removal and a chemically resistant rotary vane pump that enables system operation from 10 to 700 Torr. The gas manifold is comprised of welded stainless steel tubing with metal gasket seal fittings, pneumatically controlled valves, pressure controllers and mass flow controllers. Six bubbler manifolds are available for liquid or solid precursors two of which include double dilution and two which can be maintained at elevated temperature (up to 200oC) for low vapor pressure sources. Three pressure balanced vent/run manifolds are available for metal, chalcogen and dopant precursors.
System operation is controlled by CVD WinPrCTMsoftware which includes recipe-driven control and data logging. The system has an interlocked safety system including toxic gas monitoring, H2detection and other alarms for safe operation. A pyrolyzer/water scrubber equipped with a sodium hydroxide neutralization system treats the reactor effluents to safe limits.
Addition of an analysis chamber for Raman/photoluminescence spectroscopy is planned for Fall 2019.
- Load lock and high vacuum robot transfer stage
- Stainless steel deposition chamber with temperature-controlled walls
- Resistive heater for 2” diameter substrates with rotation
- Removable quartz liner and gas inlets in deposition chamber
- 3 purged optical ports on deposition chamber for in situ characterization
- 3 pressure balanced vent/run manifolds
- 6 bubblers manifolds for liquid/solid sources (2 double dilution, 2 high temperature)
- 4 gas source lines (H2Se, H2S, etc.)
- Toxic gas monitoring by integrated gas detection/exhaust and scrubber/safety system
- CVD WinPrCTM software for recipe-driven control and data logging
Planned Process Capabilities:
- Transition metal dichalcogenides (MX2) where M=W, Mo, Nb and X=S, Se and Te
For a list of currently available thin film samples click on the link in the left menu.