The 2DCC Arc Melter with maximum temperatures of 3100 oC max is placed inside the glovebox that is being utilized for arc-melt air-sensitive, high melting point alloy. By tilting the tungsten electrode, it allows for a variety of small metal/alloy smelting in sequence on the water-cooled copper hearth with six cavities. This Arc Melter is also served as arc welder to seal sample inside metallic tube for later use in the high-temperature (>1200 oC) single crystal growth.
- Moveable tungsten electrode with 360° rotation and height adjustment
- Maximum temperature of 3100°C
- Water-cooled copper hearth with 6 small cavities and a tube holder
- O2 and H2O < 0.1 ppm
- Arc-melt air-sensitive alloy
- Seal metallic tube, e.g., Ta, Mo, Zr, Ni, Nb, up to 10mm diameter