Required Laboratory Safety Training
- Federal Law (OSHA) prohibits individuals working in labs without proper Safety Training.
- Penn State Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requires the Laboratory Safety Training (Initial) for any individual seeking access to a lab.
- Access to working in a Penn State laboratory includes four (4) online trainings.
Steps to Get Started with Initial Pre-requisite Laboratory Safety Training
NOTE: When accessing training on the EHS website, it is recommended that you use Chrome or Internet Explorer (DO NOT USE Firefox).
- Visit www.ehs.psu.edu and click on the "Training" Quick Link
Found on the EHS homepage.
- Sign in using your PSU or FPS* Access ID (xyz123) and password.
- Click on "Laboratory Safety and Laboratory Hazard Communication" on the Courses by Category list.
- Click on "Laboratory Safety Training (Initial)" link.
- These links to the Laboratory Safety Training (Initial) are found in the course description:
- Training modules can be completed all together or individually as your schedule permits.
- Take a screenshot (Ctrl+PrtScn) of each of the four (4) completion certificates and email them to EHStraining@psu.edu.
- When you receive your Lab Safety Certificate from EHS, please upload it to our submissions page HERE.
* To learn more about obtaining a FPS (Friends of Penn State) Access ID, please visit www.fps.psu.edu.
All Training Courses can be found on the Penn State EH&S Website: www.ehs.psu.edu.