Required Laboratory Safety Training
- Federal Law (OSHA) prohibits individuals working in labs without proper Safety Training.
- Penn State Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requires the Initial Laboratory Safety Training - University Park for any individual seeking access to a lab.
- Access to working in a Penn State laboratory includes completion of 4 training modules with quizzes.
Steps to get started with Initial Laboratory & Research Safety Training – University Park
1) Introduction to Safety (15:51 min)
2) Chemical Safety (41:44 min)
3) Laboratory Waste Management and Disposal (18:06 min)
4) Emergency Preparedness (18:10 min)
Remember: Laboratory & Research Safety Refresher Training is required annually and is a separate course that can also be found on the Learning Resource Network.
All Training Courses can be found on the Penn State EH&S Website: www.ehs.psu.edu.