Reporting Incidents & Injuries
If you are injured in a Penn State facility and require medical assistance, you must do the following:
- Initiate an Accident Report to be sent to Worker's Compensation (within 24 hours); and
- Determine any safety issues that need to be addressed.
- If life threatening or urgent diall 911 or go to the local hospital Mt. Nittany Medical Center
- For non-life threatening incidents, Employees (including graduate, post docs and wage payroll) MUST go to Penn State Occupational Medicine first:
Centre Medical Science Building
1850 East Park Avenue, 3rd Floor, Suite 310
(building in front of Mount Nittany Medical Center)
Directions to Center Medical Science Building
- Please note: If possible and to avoid any unnecessary delays, if the injury is a result of a chemical exposure, please take the MSDS sheet with you to the doctor or emergency room.
- Report your injury to the Building Safety Officer Sarah Eichfeld (email@example.com) or 865-0889,
Penn State EHS Laboratory & Research Safety Plan can be found here: ehs.psu.edu
Hard copies of the Laboratory & Research Safety Plan can be found by the copy machines on each floor, except the first floor where the hard copy can be found by the Nanofab entrance door.
For all Emergencies:
PSU Police Direct:
PSU EHS Direct:
After calling all the above:
- MSC Facilities & Safety Director: 814-865-0889
- Your Supervisor
- Lab or Area Director/Manager