Penn State Materials Spotlight Series
Center stage for the most relevant materials research topics
April 7, 2021
9:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. EST
Please join at 9:15 a.m. to network and “find a seat” as industry presentations will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m.
Presented by the Penn State Materials Research Institute, the Materials Spotlight Series is designed to create connections and spark discussions between industry and Penn State faculty and students that lead to productive research collaborations.
This month’s installment on Catalysis looks at the 2-, 5-, and 10-year challenges for the catalysis industry, such as moving towards a cleaner and sustainable future, addressing the evolving energy and raw material scenario, understanding catalysis from the molecular to application scale, etc. This dynamic conversation will feature introductions to different segments of the catalyst market, a preview of plans for a Penn State center in catalysis, and technology solution-focused, flash talks by various PSU labs working in this area.
Ten-Minute Company Presentations
- Dow – plastics production - Heather Spinney, Senior Research Scientist
- BASF Corporation – automotive market - Joseph Dellamorte, Senior Research Manager Process Catalyst and Adsorbents R&D
Five-Minute Faculty Presentations
- Bert Chandler – Professor of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry - planning for catalysis center
- Josh Stapleton – Materials Characterization Lab Director - characterization tools for catalysis
- Mike Janik – Associate Department Head of Chemical Engineering - computational modeling of catalysis
- Ezgi Toraman – Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering - research in sustainable catalysis
- Steve Chmely – Assistant Professor of Agricultural and Biological Engineering - production of biomaterials
- Xueyi Zhang – John J. and Jean M. Brennan Clean Energy Early Career Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering - synthesis of liquid fuels from natural gas derivatives
We will conclude the event with a 30-minute Q&A and networking.
We hope to see you there!