Becoming an Onsite User: A Focus on User Safety
2DCC-MIP is operated under the auspices of the Materials Research Institute (MRI) at Penn State University, the physical home of the facility. Onsite users will follow the established safety protocols and safety training requirements of the MRI.
When using the 2DCC-MIP facilities, you will either be an:
- Internal User (users employed by Penn State University), or
- External User (users not employed by Penn State University)
Access to the facility and labs within will be granted upon successful completion of all required training.
Required Pre-requisite Training
- Introduction to Safety (online)
- Chemical Safety (online)
- Hazardous Waste Management and Disposal (online)
- Emergency Preparedness (online)
- Introduction to Safety Classroom Session (onsite every Tuesday 9:00 a.m. MSC N-308A)
For step-by-step instructions to these pre-requisite training courses, please visit our safety training requirements page.
Other specific EHS training may be required depending upon the portion of the facility that will be used. Your technical contact will provide additional information as needed; Individual equipment training will be required and can be scheduled by contacting the appropriate technical or administrative staff for each facility.