Lucille Giannuzzi of EXpressLO LLC and Wayne Harlow of Drexel University will give a FIB specimen prep short course “Optimization of S/TEM Specimen Prep via FIB: from Alpha to Omega” on Wed Oct 12th from 9-4.
- The course will include a morning of lectures including:
- An overview of basic FIB methods and applications for S/TEM preparation
- Low energy polishing
- Methods to avoid redeposition
- “Pre-thinning” FIB methods
- in situ and ex situ lift out techniques.
- Specimen prep for in situ cells including a 45 min presentation by Wayne Harlow from Drexel who will describe experimental details and S/TEM results on how his group prepares specimens for Protochips in situ heating/biasing TEM cells
- The afternoon includes live demos in the lab for preparing FIB specimens for conventional and in situ S/TEM.
Lucille Giannuzzi, EXpressLO LLC
Wayne Harlow, Drexel University
MSC Building, Room N-201
University Park Campus
Date and Time
October 12, 2016
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Cost and Registration
Registration is Compliments of Materials Characterization Lab and EXpressLO LLC
Registration is required to attend
October 9, 2016
|8:30||Check-in with coffee and pastry|
|9:00||Strategies for preparing samples for conventional TEM, STEM and in situ cells|
|1:00||Live demos in the FIB lab; preparing specimens for conventional and in situ TEM|