Welcome to the MRI Intranet. On this page you will find links to services and resources provided by MRI for our faculty, staff and researchers.
MRI IT Support Ticketing System
MRI-MSC Gather.Town Info & Request to Book
To create a virtual space in Gather.Town to support materials-related and multidisciplinary research and enable collaboration during COVID-19 times when people are not able to physically meet. MRI created this space for the Millennium Café talks, group meetings, and other events so that multiple teams can collaborate simultaneously "in the same room" while also allowing for larger discussions to be had with the entire group.
MRI Strategic Plan
- Materials Research Institute STRATEGIC PLAN (pdf) - FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY
- Materials Research Institute STRATEGIC PLAN (docx) - FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY
MRI Strategic Plan Implementation
- Materials Research Institute STRATEGIC PLAN IMPLEMENTATION (pdf) - FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY
For Faculty and Staff
- MRI Lab Gas Cylinder Order Form
- Electronic Metered Mail Card
- Funding Request Application (FRApp)
- LEO Cores
- LEO Registration
- 2DCC LiST Sample Tracking Tool
- MRI Slidedeck (.pptx) - [UPDATED OCT. 2020] MRI Marketing Team has created this slidedeck to use in presentations and proposals. It is a resource to pull information, but is best used in its entirety and viewed in "Slide Show" or "Presentation" mode. While in this view, you can use the "more info" icon and "back arrow" icons to navigate, (or simply view it linearly).
- Humanitarian Materials Engineering Flyer (.pdf) - MRI’s Vision for Humanitarian Materials Engineering - The Materials Research Institute, which coordinates interdisciplinary materials related research at Penn State, is actively expanding its humanitarian materials engineering initiative with strategic partners within the University and beyond.
- Technology Readiness Levels Graphic (.png) - Materials Research Institute and Industry; from basic research to validation & implementation
- Material Research Institute Co-fund Memorandum of Agreement (.pdf)
- Materials Research Institute Co-fund Policies & Procedures (.doc)
Building Access for User Facilities
Users who require access to particular areas and/or labs in the MSC facility must fill out this form, be advised of Policy AD68 and be aware of the responsibilities of requesting access. User's PI signature is required on this form.