Save the Date - September 28 - 29, 2015
What will the materials landscape look like in the year 2025? Come to Materials Day 2015 to catch a glimpse of what we might expect over the next decade in materials research. Although revolutionary materials are being discovered in the lab today, they typically can take 15 years to be commercialized into a product. The White House Materials Genome Initiative aims to cut that time in half by accelerating discovery and deployment of advanced materials in conjunction with computational materials design. So, what will the next decade bring? Our invited speakers, workshop leaders, and poster presenters will try to answer that question through a materials perspective.
Who Should Attend?
Faculty, Researchers, Graduate Students, Industry Representatives, Economic Development Agencies, Government Funding Agencies, investors, and anyone else interested in materials technologies.
Sponsored by Penn State's Materials Research Institute, Materials Day provides an opportunity for industry and government to connect with Penn State faculty and students.
- Meet Penn State students and faculty, and view their latest research
- Meet representatives from industry and technology transfer
- Learn how Penn State is making industry-university collaborations easier
- Tour the state-of-the-art facilities and meet the MRI research staff
- Choose from several tutorials led by Penn State experts
- Hear lectures on cutting-edge topics in materials research and the technologies they impact