The 2DCC Chalcogenide metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) system is an upgraded III-V MOCVD system that was successfully converted in March 2017 to grow chalcogenides. The system is a cold wall reactor design that is capable of handling up to two-inch diameter substrates. MOCVD 1 possesses six bubbles for liquid/solid sources and four gas source lines. Loading and unloading of samples is done in a controlled atmosphere though an integrated glove box. Real-time gas analysis allows for process control, as well as, information for fundamental growth dynamics studies.
- Cold wall reactor for 2” diameter substrates
- Toxic gas monitoring by integrated gas detection/exhaust and scrubber/safety system
- Real time gas analysis via RGA and sampling system
- Controlled atmosphere sample loading/unloading
- 6 bubblers for liquid/solid sources and 4 gas source lines (H2Se, H2S)
- Dual wavelength fiber optic pyrometer for sensing substrate temperature
WS2, WSe2, MoS2, MoSe2, NbS2, NbSe2, including various doped, alloys and heterostructures of these materials